Year 6 to Year 7 Transition
Cartmel Priory School is working in collaboration with our cluster Primary schools to create a transition programme in maths.
As part of that programme this pdf file links to very useful materials your child can use over the six week summer holiday.
Exploring the materials will ensure your child can maintain knowledge rather than take a six week break from maths skills which should boost confidence on arrival at Secondary school.
Your child will be set on arrival by raw SATS score.
Then by October Half Term the sets may be adjusted using the Internal Arithmetic Test.
Topics on the October Test are:
- Ordering decimals
- Ordering negative numbers
- Basic skills of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of
- Finding a fraction of an amount
- Finding a percentage of an amount
- Multiplying and dividing by 10s
- Converting between fractions, decimals and percentages